Steps to unlock boot loader:
- Switch off your Micromax Yureka device first.
- Connect it to your PC (laptop/desktop) using a data cable (USB).
- You will see red light glowing.
- Enter into fast boot mode using volume keys on your phone.
- In the terminal type the below command using your PC.
Command: fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
- Finally your boot loader is unlocked.
- Now follow the steps to install CWM on your device
- Steps to install CWM recovery:
- Download CWM recovery image on your device. Once you are done with downloading the image, kindly switch your device off and now connect your device to your desktop or laptop. You will see the red colour light glowing on your device as soon as your device is connected to your PC.
- As soon as you see the red light glowing, use volume keys/buttons to enter/navigate into fast boot mode.
- Now your device is running in fast boot mode.
- Open terminal on your PC and type the below mentioned command in the terminal using your PC.
Command: fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
Steps to root Yu Yureka:
- By visiting the below mentioned link, download Superuser.zip file.
- Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
- With the help of volume (up/down) keys and power button of your device, Enter (boot) into CWM recovery mode.
- From your device’s SD card select install zip and also select Superuser.zip files.
- Next reboot your device and then it’s done!
- Kindly make sure that your phone is charged enough during all this procedure so that no distractions occur during installation and reboot.